Dr Liaquat Ali Khan Niazi
Former Secretary (Pakistan Administrative Service)
• BA (Gold Medalist), Govt. College Lahore (1968).
• MA (Arabic), University of the Punjab, Lahore.
• LL.B., University Law College, Lahore.
• Bar-at-Law (Academic Stage) Lincoln’s Inn, London.
• Ph.D. (Islamic Law), University of the Punjab, Lahore.
Dr Liaquat Ali Khan Niazi started his career in 1972 as a Civil Judge. He got first position in written and overall second position in CSS 1975 Exam. He was allocated District Management Group. He served as under:-
• Assistant Commissioner, Shujaabad and Layyah.
• Deputy Secretary in many departments of the Govt. of the Punjab/Deputy Secretary in Federal Government
• Deputy Commissioner, Chakwal 1988-1991.
• Joint Director and Chief Instructor in Civil Services Academy, Walton, Lahore.
• Got Grade 20 and was promoted Commissioner/Provincial Secretary in 1994.
• Remained Secretary Management & Professional Development Department in Government of the Punjab.
• Secretary (Archives), S&GAD.
• Member (Judicial) Board of Revenue/Settlement Commissioner, Lahore.
He is the author of more than thirty books on Seerat-ul-Nabi, Islamic Law and Jurisprudence. His book “Deputy Commissioner Ki Diary” is a literary masterpiece.
He received six “National Seerat Awards” from different Presidents and Prime Ministers of Pakistan.
Having matriculated from Central Model School, Lahore, in 1956, he took admission in the Govt. College, Lahore (now a university) from where he passed his B.A. (Honours) in 1960 and M.A. English in 1963. He was also awarded College Roll of Honour. He joined the Govt. College, Lahore in 1964, as lecturer in English, taught inter, degree and M.A. (English) students for thirty-two years. He retired as Professor of English Literature in 2001. He is a poet, humorist, columnist, playwright and broadcaster. He is the author of seven books of humour in Urdu. At present, he is running an academy for C.S.S. students in Model Town, Lahore.